Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The new health care reform bill could cost Mercer County an additional $100,000 next year - an expense that likely will trickle down to insured county workers. In order to offset the cost of mandated requirements in Pr . . .
Some area school districts will get a chunk of the $4.3 billion in federal Race to the Top funds, according to a U.S. Department of Education announcement on Tuesday. Celina City Schools is set to receive $203,907.74, while $10 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Officials to discuss lake pilot projects at public meeting
• New principal at the helm of IC school
• Planting trees forbidden near village right of way
• Council OKs cut in general fund operating budget
• New place to hunt out supplies in Celina
• Celina shut out by Findlay in season opener
• St. Marys shuts out St. John's in opener
• Celina runners are young, but improving
• Experience will be an asset for Coldwater
• Goals are being set high at Fort Recovery
• Different goals this year for Flyers CC
• Minster seeking more championship hardware
• Cardinal coaches excited for upcoming year
• Vian hopes to build around veteran runners
• St. Henry aiming for continued success
• Roughriders just trying to improve
• Bulldog golfers shooting for consistency
• Cavalier coaches working with low numbers
• Indians will rely on junior class
• Marion Local golf lacking experience
• Expectations high for Minster golf
• New Bremen welcomes back experience
• Parkway golfers primed for success on the links
• Redskins trying to sustain success
• Roughriders welcome back veteran lineup
• Bulldogs look like contenders in the WBL
• Cavaliers will play full varsity, JV schedule
• Roughriders hope to build off last season
• Bulldogs ready to make a run at WBL title
• Young Roughriders searching for consistency
Alberta A. Stein, 82, Fort Recovery, died at 6:55 p.m. Aug. 23, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. She was born June 3, 1928, in Dayton, to John and Olive Wendel Doll. On Nov. 25, 1948, she married Herbert E. Stein, who d . . .
Martha McGee, 86, St. Marys, died Aug. 24, 2010, in Leo, Ind. Funeral arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes in St. Marys. . . .
Whilma V. Fritz, 83, Coldwater, died Aug. 24, 2010, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton. Funeral services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home in Coldwater. . . .
Raphael L. Peltier, 86, Celina, died at 7:30 a.m. Aug. 24, 2010, at his home. He was born July 6, 1924, in Piqua, to Louis and Zelma Francis Peltier. On Oct. 2, 1948, he married Esther Seger who died in 1971. In January 1975, h . . .
Mostly cloudy, snow
Mostly cloudy, snow