Thursday, August 26th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Some kids think they've probably used up all the real opportunities they'll ever get, but not necessarily. The Opportunity for Youth (OFY) program in Auglaize County is all about giving kids another chance, according . . .
Lou Brunswick's face still illuminates like an amusement park if you strike up a conversation about baseball. For almost 70 years, the Ohio High School Baseball Hall of Fame coach has had his fingerprints all over the sport in . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• More campers, but not full yet
• Officials tap company for ditch project
• Superintendent resigning
• New York the place to be for musicians
• Homan one of six Buckeye captains
• Parkway cruises to first MAC win of the season
• Bulldogs need to develop winning attitude
• Otten ready to continue Coldwater tradition
• Fort Recovery offense hit hard by graduation
• Flyers ready for another push to postseason
• Minster optimistic under first-year coach
• Cardinals have big holes to fill on offense
• Panthers hoping to avoid injury-plagued year
• Inexperience will be a concern for Redskins
• Familiarity means improvement for St. Marys
• Bulldogs aiming for third straight WBL title
• Etzler ready for first year guiding Cavaliers
• Fort Recovery was hit hard by graduation
• Flyers going for fourth straight state championship
• Minster looks ready to contend in the MAC
• Jenkins working with young team this year
• Panthers looking to take next step in tourney
• Kramer takes over for Schwieterman as Redskins' coach
• Roughriders look like a team on the rise
Former St. Marys resident Martha J. McGee, 86, a resident of the Cedars in Leo, Ind., died at 11:35 a.m. Aug. 24, 2010, at the Cedars. She was born March 19, 1924, in Mendon to Walter and Myrtle Lampy Skinner. On June 8, 1946, . . .
Aileen E. Hileman, 93, Rockford, died at 3:15 a.m. Aug. 25, 2010, at Laurels of Shane Hill Nursing Home in Rockford. She was born July 26, 1917, to Charles and Oval Dull Hoverman. On March 7, 1936, she married Forest Hileman, w . . .
Whilma V. Fritz, 82, Coldwater, died Aug. 24, 2010, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton. She was born Dec. 26, 1927, in Osgood to Albert and Elizabeth Thobe Magoteaux. On July 3, 1948, she married John Fritz, who survives in C . . .
Alberta A. Stein, 82, Fort Recovery, died at 6:55 p.m. Aug. 23, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. She was born June 3, 1928, in Dayton, to John and Olive Wendel Doll. On Nov. 25, 1948, she married Herbert E. Stein, who d . . .
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23