Tuesday, August 24th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - Lights, check. Turn signals, check. Tires, kicked. Windows, cleaned. Coldwater schools bus driver Kenny Siefring inspected his 84-passenger bus and pulled out of the district's garage at 7:30 a.m. Monday. He was al . . .
FORT RECOVERY - The Coldwater Cavaliers might have found a new favorite course to run. The Mercer County cross country meet made its way to Ambassador Park in Fort Recovery, a course that had not been run in years. But the Ca . . .
GRAND LAKE - Algae toxin levels in Grand Lake have dropped substantially, and a water quality advisory for Lake Loramie has been lifted after two consecutive weeks of good results, the Ohio EPA says. Though toxin levels have dr . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina council moves to buy land for plant
• Phosphorous reduction part of plan
• Metzger leaving Marion Local
• Desire to stop demo continues
• 12-year-old dies at Darke County Fair
• Man nets prison time for threatening judge, others
• Owner has final chance to clean up property
• St. Henry village seeking communication upgrade
• County unemployment down from July
• Local judge not injured in accidents
• Bulldogs open with road win at Findlay
• Nutrient management field day set Sept. 7
Alberta A. Stein, 82, Fort Recovery, died Aug. 23, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. Funeral arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home in Fort Recovery. . . .
Beulah B. "B.B." Stocksdale, 97, Celina, died at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 23, 2010, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Aug. 15, 1913, in Farmland, Ind., to William and Bertha Long Gray. On Nov. 4, 1933, she married Emerson Stock . . .
Matthew D. Wint, 36, New Bremen, died Aug. 23, 2010, at his home. He was born June 11, 1974, in St. Marys, to Ferdinand and Kaye Schmiesing Wint, who both survive in New Bremen. Also surviving is a son, Evan Wint, New Bremen& . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4