Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Area farmers have begun harvesting corn and soybeans about two to three weeks early and the timetable may be financially beneficial. Low moisture content in the crops will save growers money in drying costs and market prices ar . . .
WAPAKONETA - What a difference a year makes. Last year, people waited in long lines at schools and other public places to get H1N1 flu vaccines. This year's "all in one" dose - with protection from H1N1 flu and two other strain . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Student input to go on website
• Baby-sitter's trial delayed in death of infant
• Cheryl Ann going green
• Vandals get colorful at schools and business
• School club sports may change to varsity status
• Commisioners seek bids for county mowing jobs
• Council agrees to help pay cost of new brick walkway
• District waives body mass index screening
• Extra services available at floral shop
• St. Marys tops Celina with late goal
• Consistent play pushes Wildcats past 'Riders
• Bulldogs escape Darke County with five-game win
Jarrett L. Fowler, 14, St. Marys, died Sept. 14, 2010, at the Cleveland Clinic. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Home in St. Marys. . . .
Norma O. Now, 68, Celina, died at 1:25 a.m. Sept. 14, 2010, at the Triumph Healthcare Center in St. Rita's Hospital in Lima. Services are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home in Celina. . . .
Steven Casad, 64, St. Marys, died Sept. 12, 2010, at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. He was born Sept. 6, 1946, to Edward and Virginia Axe Casad. His father survivies in Celina. His mother died in 1997. Also surviving are a . . .
Carol A. Batch, 63, St. Marys, died Sept. 11, 2010, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. She was born Dec. 2, 1946, in Celina, to Edward and Mary Hagaman Bowersock. Surviving are two sons, James Elsass, . . .