Saturday, October 30th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - An estranged wife and husband are dead in the wake of an alleged murder-suicide on Friday afternoon at the home where the woman was caring for seven children. The bodies of April Vann, 33, and Eric Vann, 34, were found . . .
It was a great night for the Midwest Athletic Conference as results around the state allowed five of its 10 teams to advance into the playoffs for the second year in a row. Delphos St. John's and Marion Local were already assu . . .
MENDON - The crackle of falling leaves brushing against the metal Palmer Road bridge lends little to the spooky legend surrounding it. But it's mid-afternoon and darkness is still hours away. It's much too early for the ghosts . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• State lifts algae warning
• Boehner visits county Republicans
• School officials lead blood drive
• Grandma shaves head for grandson with cancer
• Wermert has big night as Cavs top Wildcats for 17th straight time
• Bulldogs fall short of berth to postseason
• Anna wraps up regular season by beating Parkway
• Winner leads Versailles to victory over St. Henry
• Kenton wins outright WBL title
• Flyers cruise past Indians
Timothy G. Fraley, 40, 423 N. Wayne St., St. Marys, died at 10:15 p.m. Oct. 28, 2010, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, following a sudden illness. He was born Aug. 5, 1970, in Hazard, Ky., to Ronnie and Connie Creech Fraley. . . .
Services for Richard Dean Feierstein I, 77, of Celina will be held 11:30 a.m. Monday at W. H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina, the Rev. Tom Schwind officiating. Military rites will be conducted by members of the Celina . . .