Friday, January 28th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Gov. John Kasich and three state directors on Thursday announced initiatives to help save Grand Lake, including a second alum test to see if the chemical can be used to starve the lake's toxic blue-green algae. "We . . .
ST. MARYS - The Roughriders were potent from three-point range on Thursday night as they stayed on top of the Western Buckeye League standings with a 55-43 win over Auglaize County rival Wapakoneta at Murotech Court. Wapak (7-7 . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Ag official will help coordinate
• IC school surviving financial crunch
• Local leader's death will leave void, friends say
• Officials discuss cutting back in State of the Villages
• Festival committee plans to bring all events back to Grand Lake
• Historians don't want to see wind turbines in chuch land
• Shawnee girls race past Celina
• Flyers earn easy win over Cardinals
• Bulldogs' boys, girls in first at WBL meet
• Looking back 50, 25 and 10 years ago
Betty Jean Hile, 82, St. Marys, died at 2:20 p.m. Jan. 26, 2011, at the Golden Living Center in St. Marys. She was born Feb. 16, 1928, in St. Marys to Jim and Verda Cramer Micheal. On Aug. 16, 1947, she married Arthur Hile, who . . .
Larry D. "Frog" Krogman, 67, Mendon, died Jan. 27, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. He was born Aug. 31, 1943, in Lima to Glenn and Margaret Sawmiller Krogman. His father is deceased and his moth . . .
Frank C. Murray, 64, St. Marys, died at 10:59 p.m. Jan. 27, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. Arrangements are pending with Miller Funeral Home in St. Marys. . . .