Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Saturday, February 19th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Flames, smoke and water destroyed the Mud Pike residence Steve and Katey Eichler's family called home, but it didn't destroy their spirit. "We keep telling the kids it's only a house, and it's only stuff," Katey said. . . .
MARIA STEIN - The Coldwater Cavaliers and the Marion Local Flyers continued their football rivalry on Friday night, but they did it on the hardwood instead of the gridiron. The Flyers prevailed 49-44 in a slugfest that wasn't p . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Couple awarded over $1M
• Farmers may apply for funds to slow runoff into waterways
• Wind causes power outage
• Celina wins WBL championship
• New Knoxville captures outright MAC crown
• St. Henry pulls away from Minster in third quarter
• Van Wert knocks O-G off top of WBL
• Kahlig helps Indians snap eight-game skid
• Cavs, Roughriders and Bulldogs moving on to districts
Barbara A. Hoyng, 72, Fort Wayne, Ind., died Feb. 16, 2011, at her home. She was born in Philothea to Bernard and Ruth Ahrns Schoenlein. Her father is deceased; her mother survives in St. Henry. She married Daniel Hoyng, wh . . .