Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
St. Henry schools superintendent Rod Moorman again asked the Mercer County Board of Elections to remove the polling location from St. Henry High School. "It disrupts the school day," Moorman told board members during a meeting . . .
DEFIANCE - It certainly wasn't easy, but Defiance's streak lives on. The Defiance baseball team won their 43rd consecutive Western Buckeye League baseball game with a 4-3 triumph over Celina on Tuesday night at Booster Field. . . .
ST. MARYS - A Wright State University-Lake Campus professor offered a solution to poor productivity and high staff absenteeism and turnover - make employees feel valued. Sharon A. Showman, professor of communication and religi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Architect: $4.63 million needed to renovate
• Residents question Seas' 3-year extension
• Board seeks bids for sewer hookup, plant demolition
• Health officials urge pertussis vaccinations
• Director: organ donors offer second chances
• St. Marys officials talk frisbee golf, dog park
• Minster CIC OKs sale of first lot at industrial park
• New Bremen street crews to start work soon
• Celina rallies in sixth for win
• Local tennis teams post 5-0 victories
• Cavs disrupt Cox's timing just in time
Teri L. Justice, 63, Wapakoneta, died at 10:30 p.m. April 11, 2011, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Her family also owned a residence on Grand Lake. She was born June 25, 1947, in Lenoir City, Tenn., to Charles E. and Marga . . .
Thomas "Tub" Vogan, 88, St. Marys, died April 12, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Fort Recovery native Cora L. Lamm, 95, Centerville, Ind., died April 11, 2011, at her residence. She was born Aug. 13, 1915, in Fort Recovery to Anthony and Angeline Ranly Lamm. She lived in Mercer County until moving to Center . . .