Friday, April 22nd, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
WAPAKONETA - Murder suspect Gordon W. Diggle, charged with the beating death of another man last fall, told his ex-girlfriend in a letter "I messed up." The words were written by 30-year-old Diggle of St. Marys from his ja . . .
VAN WERT - A pair of three-run home runs helped keep the Celina softball team on top of the Western Buckeye League standings. Abbey Zacharias and Katie Kerr each slugged three-run bombs to help Celina to a 9-1 win over Van Wert . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• District OKs $1 million in budget cuts
• Celina council approves lease for fire truck
• Tree City communities improve environment
• Police discover meth labs in coolers, arrest three adults
• St. Henry school treasurer receives contract renewal
• Sacred art surveyed at Maria Stein's former convent
• Parkway off to 3-0 start in MAC
• Timely hits lead Panthers to victory over Wildcats
• Siefker pitches Bulldogs to first league win of the season
Former Burkettsville resident Edna Gdula, 88, died this morning, April 22, 2011, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Service is pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .
Harold E. Keller, 84, St. Marys, died at 2 p.m. April 21, 2011, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. Earl Hinkle Services for Earl Maurice Hinkle were held April 20, 2011, at Mount T . . .