Friday, May 20th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The algae has emerged and so have the warning signs along Grand Lake. The state Thursday placed the first advisory of the season on the lake after tests earlier this week detected blue-green algae. "We all knew i . . .
Today's sunshine is a rare sight and its presence will do little to brighten area farmers' outlook for the growing season. Ongoing rainy, cool weather continues to delay planting and poses a serious threat to corn and soybean . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Calls continue to stop using schools as polling places
• Courthouse redo will cost more
• Hearing set on funding for projects
• Council studies new source for electricity
• 86 seniors to graduate
• Local priest says missal changes not colossal
• MAC teams reach district finals
• Minster's boys have big lead after the first day
• Looking back 50, 25 and 10 years ago
• Celina's duo still alive in district tennis
Daniel C. Romer, 80, Memphis, Tenn., died April 21, 2011, at his home. He was born Oct. 29, 1930, in St. Henry, to Stanley and Marie Lange Romer. In 1962, he married Joan Rapp, who survives. Also surviving are a daughter, Ell . . .
Kathleen Discenza, 63, New Bremen, died May 19, 2011, at her residence. Funeral arrangements are being completed at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .