Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, May 19th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MARIA STEIN - School board members and teachers have ratified a new, three-year contract that includes no salary or step increases during the first two years. Interim Superintendent Doug Karst issued a press release this mornin . . .
CELINA - The Celina softball team wrapped up Western Buckeye League play with an unorthodox doubleheader sweep on Wednesday at Montgomery Field. After the Celina recreation department turned Montgomery Field into a one-day soft . . .
CELINA - Ron Hammons will join the race for Celina mayor in November. Hammons filed as an independent candidate earlier this month and Mercer County Board of Elections members certified his petition Tuesday morning. He needed . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Conditions irritate tenants
• Leaders to float correct answers for businesses
• Auglaize board releases final election tally
• '48 Hours' airing Dr. Wangler story
• 2011 finances look OK for Fort Recovery schools
• Celina woman pleads guilty to fraud charges
• Watercolor paintings relay pigment of artist's imagination
• Montgomery Field hosts softball game
• Celina's girls lead the way after first day at Shawnee
John P. Brunswick, 78, Coldwater, died at 10:02 p.m. May 17, 2011, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. He was born June 22, 1932, in Fort Recovery, to Lawrence and Justine Braun Brunswick. On June 28, 1958, he married Madonna Jut . . .
Marilyn Strohmeyer, 80, St. Marys, died at 1:10 p.m. May 18, 2011, at her residence. She was born Jan. 6, 1931, in Copley, to Floyd and Beulah Holshue Taylor. On July 3, 1954, she married Richard Strohmeyer, who died Sept. 11, . . .