Wednesday, June 15th, 2011 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Shock and helplessness enveloped the community a year ago when thick algae blooms carpeted Grand Lake, stole business profits and nearly shut down Ohio's largest inland lake. Today the mood is more level-headed as . . .
CELINA - Officials finally have enough money to work on logjams that block the flow of the winding St. Marys River and contribute to periodic flooding. Mercer County commissioners on Tuesday set July 14 as the date to open bids . . .
ST. MARYS - The death of a 40-year-old man found stabbed in the middle of a street has been ruled a suicide. Auglaize County Coroner Dr. Thomas Freytag said David A. Spaulding died April 26 from a self-inflicted knife wound to . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Businesses buoyed by attempts for solution
• New Bremen bans use, sale of new drug hazard
• Ongoing work paves way for July 1 opening
• Food poisoning is no picnic
• Parkway hires new English teacher
• Minster council reaffirms old ordinance
• Work moves ahead on street reconstruction
• Man arrested on local outstanding warrant
• State looks to small business for more taxes
• Forsthoefel drives home game-winner for Cavs
• Ohio Fury earn a berth into softball World Series