Friday, September 9th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Equipped with a computerized pen and special paper, students with and without disabilities at Wright State University-Lake Campus are getting assistance in the classroom. The Livescribe Echo technology includes a pen with a sma . . .
COLDWATER - St. Marys pushed its record to 5-0-1 on the girls' soccer season as the Roughriders braved the rain to post a 6-0 win over Coldwater on Thursday at Village Hall Field in Coldwater. It's the fourth shutout this seaso . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mayoral candidates defend the tax levy
• Fees questioned as budgets tighten
• Stun gun stops man as street crowd gathers
• Calvary to charge in Fort Recovery
• Driver jailed after two arrests
• Cincinnati railroad worker identified as victim of accident
• Love of gardening reflected in local lawn oasis
• Bulldogs get back on track in WBL
• Big scoring runs propel Redskins
• Celina scores four to break out of slump
• Panthers sweep Rangers for 2-0 start in the MAC
Buddy M. Dials, 70, St. Marys, died at 11:45 p.m. Sept. 7, 2011, at his residence. He was born July 13, 1941, in Martin County, Ky., to Abslon and Orgie Meade Dials. On June 24, 1976, he married Nancy L. Shoffstall, who survive . . .
Myrtle Mae Lietz, 92, St. Marys, died at 11:25 p.m. Sept. 7, 2011, at St. Marys Living Center. She was born May 6, 1919, in Clay Township, Auglaize County, to Osborn and Nancy Brackney Dudgeon. On Dec. 16, 1939, she married Ned . . .
Geraldine C. Leohner, 97, died Sept. 7, 2011, at Wesley Glen Retirement Community, Columbus. She born on June 24, 1914, in Rockbridge, to William and Blanche Starner Primmer. On Sept. 26, 1936, she married Robert Grant Leohner, . . .
Services for Martha Jane Hanna were held at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 8, 2011, at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina, the Revs. Bruce Head and Tony Richmond officiated. Music was provided by organist Carol Zimmerman. Pallb . . .
Mary Helmstetter, 87, St. Marys, died Sept. 8, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital. Arrangements are being completed with the Miller Long & Folk Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .