Friday, September 23rd, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
WAPAKONETA - Auglaize County Commissioners are picking out curtains and other finishing touches as the courthouse construction project continues on schedule. Architect Bruce Miller of Garmann-Miller & Associates in Minster met . . .
TRINITY, Ind. - The first Precious Blood parish outside Ohio was established in Jay County, Wabash Township, Ind., in 1861. Most Holy Trinity parish is celebrating its 150th anniversary this year. The parish church, which boas . . .
Sometimes, the toughest thing to do when playing a sport is knowing when it is time to call it quits. For Ross Homan, the decision wasn't easy but necessary. "Ultimately, I made a decision to not play football anymore," said . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Pool has best summer in years
• Lakefield Airport board seeks applicants for new manager
• Officials prepare for future budgets
• Commissioners OK work for Mendon projects
• Celina students named National Merit semifinalists
• Bulldogs sweep rival Roughriders
• Flyers rebound nicely by defeating Panthers
• St. Marys finishes second in the WBL
• Larson excited for first opportunity at Eldora
Kathy S. Barhorst, 54, Coldwater, died Sept. 22, 2011 in Dayton. Services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Tamae Sprunger, 69, Celina, died Sept. 14, 2011, in the Hospice Center, Van Wert. She was born Sept. 23, 1941, in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchiken, Japan, to Tamahe and Sasao Furuya Imasaka. She married Powell Sprunger, who died in 20 . . .