Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The state's collective bargaining law - Senate Bill 5 - was overwhelming axed by voters statewide Tuesday, but local results were quite different. Mercer County was one of six counties that voted to keep the law, with 55 percen . . .
CELINA - Former city safety service director Jeff Hazel was elected mayor of Celina on Tuesday. Also new to the city administration will be Betty Strawn, who ousted Emily Stewart as city auditor. City council will remain the . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Voters in the Fort Recovery school district on Tuesday sided with school officials' proposal to renovate the high school. They approved a 2.7-mill levy that will generate $3.4 million for the project. "We're t . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Longtime St. Marys mayor narrowly defeated
• Local voters select school board members
• Voters keep tax rate
• Joseph narrowly retains seat
• Permanent improvement levy renewed
• New operating levy going on ballot
• Medical director recommends daily feet checks for those with diabetes
• Three incumbents retain their seats
• Marion business seeks revolving loan to buy lot, buildings
• Two local women hurt in crash
• Celina woman escapes home fire
• Business offers merchandise, cosmetic services
• Lefeld, Huelsman to cheer for St. Henry
• Minster's march to state in 2001 sparks special memories
Amanda Curts, 33, Celina, died at 2:55 a.m. Nov. 7, 2011, at her residence. She was born May 15, 1978, in Coldwater. Her father, Larry Snook, survives in Coldwater; her mother, Lois Rammel Stolzenburg, survives in Celina. O . . .
Judith A. Ehlerding, 70, Decatur, Ind., died Nov. 8, 2011, at her residence. She was born in Celina on Oct. 31, 1941, to Paul E. and Dorothy A. Harlett Froning. On Dec. 2, 1971, she married Frederick K. Ehler-ding, who survives . . .