Friday, January 20th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MONTEZUMA - Two Franklin Township residents may be the first in Mercer County to enroll in a 10-year program that protects their farmland from non-agricultural development. The unidentified property owners recently applied for . . .
MINSTER - A strong defensive effort helped Minster give Fort Recovery its first Midwest Athletic Conference loss of the season as the Wildcats built a double-digit lead before settling for a 46-40 triumph. The Wildcats improve . . .
For the third consecutive year, services at Grand Lake St. Marys State Park will be discounted to draw visitors to the lake after three summers of algae blooms and water advisories. Fees for campsites and cabins at the state pa . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Businesses looking at city plaza
• Snow on its way, won't stay long
• Improved economy credited for increased sales of spirits
• Prosecutor against Wine's prison release
• Communication tower in Celina gets approval
• Auglaize deputies continue search for burglary suspects
• Treasurer disputes commissioners' removal of her staff's raises
• Flyers are all alone on top of the MAC
• Bulldogs blow out 'Riders with second-quarter blitz
• Redskins rush past Cardinals in fourth
Rose M. Schoen, 100, Fort Recovery, died Jan. 29, 2012, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Nov. 8, 1911, in St. Henry, to Bernard and Catherine Gehle Heitkamp. On Nov. 8, 1933, she married Arnold Schoen, who died Apr . . .
Ina Blakeley-Fisher, 88, St. Marys, died Jan. 19, 2012 at Golden Living Center-Valley, St. Marys Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Mary Lou McCourtie, 83, Celina, died Jan. 18, 2012, at Celina Manor. She was born Aug. 3, 1928, in Akron, to Frederick and Lenora Flinn Pfiefle. On April 15, 1950, she married Alexander McCourtie, who died Sept. 26, 2004. Sur . . .
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17
Friday, February 17