Saturday, January 21st, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - Ohio's largest inland lake just got a little safer. The Grand Lake St. Marys flotilla of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary was officially chartered Friday during a ceremony at Celina Moose Lodge. The flotilla had be . . .
ST. MARYS - Celina held St. Marys scoreless for a 5:46 stretch during the second half and the Bulldogs snapped a four-game losing streak with a 72-58 victory over the Roughriders in the annual Battle of Grand Lake rivalry game. . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Keeping watch
• Local voters notified of congressional changes
• Probation ordered for Celina man
• St. Henry Middle School receives recognition
• Indians stay unbeaten in MAC after blowout victory over Wildcats
• Cardinals win to stay a game back of Tribe
• Blue Jays too physical for Flyers
• Rangers pull away in the third quarter
• Defiance all alone on top of standings
Donald E. Chaney, 78, of Houston, died during the early morning hours of Jan. 20, 2012, at his residence. He was born June 30, 1933, in Lima, to Emsley and Glenna Metzger Chaney. On Oct. 29, 1955, he married Dorothy Heitkamp, w . . .
Ina A. Blakeley-Fisher, 88, rural Auglaize County, died at 5:42 a.m. Jan. 19, 2012, at Golden Living Center-Valley, St. Marys. She was born Jan. 15, 1924, in Shamrock, Okla., to Clyde and Vada Ankney Stauffer. Surviving are h . . .
Former area resident Ursula Boise, 93, of West Liberty, died Jan. 20, 2012, at her residence. Arrangements are pending at W.H. Dick & Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Gilbert J. Sturwold, 78, formerly of Newport, died the morning of Jan. 20, 2012. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .