Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - Charles Tackett of Bellevue is the new principal at Coldwater high school. Tackett, 41, said he is excited to take on the position and intends to bring a positive energy to the district. He was chosen unanimously by . . .
A local businessman died Tuesday when his car drifted left of center and struck a semitrailer while he was going home to pick up supplies. The accident occurred at 2:07 p.m. along state Route 29 west of Celina, just west of Fle . . .
COLDWATER - The Coldwater Cavaliers received a game-winning hit from Matt Selhorst with two outs in the 15th inning to defeat the Minster Wildcats 2-1 in Midwest Athletic Conference play on Tuesday at Veterans Field. Coldwater . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• District pitches new proposal
• County engineer questions land preservation deal
• Lake Campus student makes heartfelt request
• Celina contractor nets work in Mendon
• Landowners sue state
• Democratic speaker shares personal views
• Landscape improvements near the Miami and Erie Canal on agenda
• New shop offers trendy clothes
• Fitness/recreation center for seniors opens
• Bulldogs tied for WBL lead with Wildkittens
• Celina track dominates quadrangular
• Lakers up for division title with two games left
Jeffrey Scott Becker, 43, Providence Village, Texas, died April 23, 2012, at his home following a heart attack. He was born July 5, 1968, in Celina, to Gary O. and Angie Miller Becker, who survive. On March 23, 1991, he married . . .
Douglas S. "Esh" Eshelman, 51, died at 9:54 a.m. April 24, 2012, at Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center. He was born Jan. 14, 1961, in Natrona Heights, Pa., to Ronald L. and Judith E. Hill Eshelman. His mother survives in Cabot, . . .
Robert Leslie Allison, 84, Urbana, died April 24, 2012, in Essex of Springfield. He was born Oct. 29, 1927, in Springfield, to Leslie F. and Hazel D. Roach Allison. He married Marjorie Foster, who is deceased. Surviving are t . . .
Former Celina resident Laura Leona Franck, 94, died April 24, 2012, at The Gardens at St. Henry. She was born May 9, 1917, in St. Wendelin, to Frank and Clara Pohlkamp Brunswick. On May 4, 1938, she married Leo B. Franck, who d . . .
Saturday, March 25
Saturday, March 25
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, February 4