Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Celina's general fund used to pay for day-to-day operations of the city, including the police and fire departments, is in good shape and poised to have a carryover of $1.9 million next year. Just a few years ago, city . . .
A Fort Recovery man died Monday afternoon of injuries sustained in a Sunday morning traffic accident. His brother, who also was involved in the accident, remains in critical condition. Cody Wehnes, 18, 2620 Sawmill Road, was pr . . .
A longtime, county soil and water official has been tapped for a permanent position working with farmers on nutrient issues in the Grand Lake Watershed and beyond. Frances Springer has been hired as a nutrient management specia . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Crowd objects to liquor licenses
• Auctioneer marks 50 years
• Income tax revenue increases in Coldwater
• Driver hurt when trucks collide
• Celina hopes to annex swimming pool land
• Age restriction set for emergency personnel; demolition grant awarded
• Sidewalk project in the works
• Celina has plenty of chances, but takes 4-1 loss
• Cardinals edge Panthers in MAC play
Terry R. Clark, 73, Piqua, died at 3:15 a.m. Aug. 26, 2012, at his home. He was born Jan. 17, 1939, in Covington, to Raymond and Ruth Drees Clark. On Dec. 27, 1957, he married Delores E. Curtner, who died Nov. 18, 1990. On May . . .
Robert E. Dailey, 64, Rockford, died at 6:39 p.m. Aug. 26, 2012, at Van Wert County Hospital. He was born Jan. 27, 1948, in Decatur, Ind., to Ralph and Estella French Dailey. On July 18, 1987, he married Betty Ann Burden, who s . . .