Saturday, October 27th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Farmers are seeing two extremes as they harvest their corn and soybeans this year. "Pleasantly surprised is the reaction I've seen from most farmers about their soybeans," Vern Schroyer, manager at the Celina Mercer Landmark br . . .
CELINA - The offense, defense and special teams all played key roles for Celina's football team on Friday night as the Bulldogs edged Bath 42-41 in Western Buckeye League action. Quinn Giesige blocked a punt to set up a go-ahea . . .
NEW BREMEN - With the cold and rainy conditions at Cardinal Stadium, neither team was going to put on an offensive clinic, but the Marion Local Flyers were able to strike quickly when necessary. The Flyers scored on a pair of o . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Students give views on election
• Landowners still not compensated for flooding
• Alleged armed robber indicted
• Second death results from I-75 accident
• Nun shares political views
• Minster will open playoffs at home after overtime win
• Half of MAC will be playing in postseason
• Defense helps St. Henry edge Versailles
• Coldwater completes perfect regular season after defeating Indians
• Roughriders finish the season winless
• Anna's rushing attack too much for Parkway
Donald "Romie" Frilling, 79, St. Henry, died Oct. 25, 2012, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. He was born March 7, 1933, in Fort Loramie to William and Amelia Luthman Frilling. On Oct. 8, 1955, he married Mildred . . .
Alice L. Smith, 92, St. Marys, died at 4:15 a.m. Oct. 21, 2012, at Auglaize Acres Nursing Home in Wapakoneta. She was born Oct. 12, 1920, in St. Marys to John and Catherine Kauffman Dock. She was married to Carl Smith, who is d . . .