Thursday, December 6th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The Ohio Supreme Court on Wednesday found the state in contempt for moving too slowly to compensate 87 landowners for increased flooding on their land caused by Grand Lake's West Bank spillway. The justices, just o . . .
Especially around this area, there has always been a good family tradition when it comes to athletics. As the final seconds ticked away in Saturday's Division V state championship football game, the Tom Klosterman family of Co . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Coldwater schools facing suit
• Burned lake condos making comeback
• Educators want to alter tests leading to retentions
• Failing septic systems also lake problem
• Retired educators throw their efforts behind pottery business
• Smashing Pumpkins perform a mix of new and familiar tunes
• Gelhaus heading to Saginaw Valley State for basketball
• Running with weights helped Nedderman
• Waves pick up several wins at Lebanon
Cyril R. "Cy" Broering, 84, Maria Stein, died at 9:45 a.m. Dec. 5, 2012, at the Gardens, St. Henry. He was born Sept. 6, 1928, in Cassella, to Anthony and Josephine Holdheide Broering. On May 7, 1952, he married Mildred "Millie . . .
Carl Porter, 72, Celina, died at 10:40 p.m. Dec. 5, 2012, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina, is handling arrangements. . . .
Dorothy West, 95, Celina, died at 10 p.m. Dec. 5, 2012, at her home. Services are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .