Saturday, January 5th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - A rural Celina family fled their home with only the clothes on their backs Friday morning as flames ripped through their two-story residence. Thick smoke destroyed the dwelling at 8520 Hoenie Road and forced homeowners . . .
FORT RECOVERY - New Bremen had a hot hand early, but a furious comeback by Fort Recovery sent the game into overtime before the Cardinals edged the Indians 65-61 on Friday night at Fort Site Fieldhouse as Midwest Athletic Confere . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Pen pals for almost 40 years meet for first time
• Celina woman charged with obstruction for aiding husband
• Couple in court on burglary charges
• Celina men found in condo facing charges
• Celina loses seventh straight game
• Wildcats' defense suffocates the Flyers
• Strong start and finish propels St. John's
• Balance leads Redskins past Rangers
• St. Marys' halftime lead fades in second half
Dr. James J. Otis, 99, of Celina, died at 2:47 p.m. Jan. 3, 2013, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Oct. 22, 1913, in Ann Arbor, Mich., to Dr. Lloyd and Barbara Audritsh Otis. On Oct. 9, 1944, . . .
Alfred Eilerman, 83, North Star, passed away Jan. 4, 2013, at his residence. He was born Dec. 13, 1929, to Bernard and Elizabeth Keiser Eilerman. On Jan. 28, 1953, he married Joann Moeller in St. Bernard Catholic Church in Burk . . .
Mary Ann May, 79, Bryant, Ind., passed away the morning of Jan. 4, 2013, in Jay County Hospital. She was born Feb. 28, 1933, in Jay County, to John and Bernadine Post Wendel. On Oct. 25, 1952, she married Victor May, who died A . . .
Naomi Jean Timmerman, 81, Coldwater, passed away at 6:15 p.m. Jan. 3, 2013, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. She was born Aug. 14, 1931, in Rushville, Ind., to India and Stella Gross Stevens. On Dec. 12, 1970, she married Ralph . . .