Thursday, January 10th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Eight jurors on Wednesday heard testimony in Mercer County Common Pleas Court from a rural Celina couple who believes the state owes them $2.4 million for their flood-damaged farmland. The state says $1.6 million is su . . .
NEW BREMEN - New security procedures have been put in place at New Bremen schools following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut. Board members Tuesday night discussed the new measures along with future impr . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Prosecution looms for five area farmers
• Budget boosted by higher property value
• Officials suggest lobbyists for septic funds
• Parking no longer permitted in front of Lock One Theatre
• Business manager to review low bids
• Faculty works to put Race to the Top initiative in place
• 'Django Unchained': A tale of revenge and redemption
• MAC title contenders will battle on Friday at St. Henry
• Wapak's talented trio the focus for Bulldogs
• Celina to honor trio for Hall of Fame on Saturday
• Zigovits looks back on St. Henry days
• St. Henry celebrating 90 years of boys hoops
Charles Diller Moeller of Spencerville, distinguished entrepreneur and beloved father and grandfather, passed into eternity Jan. 8, 2013, at St. Rita's Medical Center. He was 85 years old. Born on a humble farm outside Columbus . . .
Idaleen "Len" M. Hartings, 88, Celina, died at 4:20 p.m. Jan. 8, 2013, at Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy. She was born Feb. 28, 1924, in Coldwater, to Joseph and Elenora Schoch Sutter. On Sept. 11, 1948, she married Wilfre . . .