Friday, January 11th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A Celina couple and the state disagree on how to calculate how much the state owes them for their flood-damaged land. Wayne and Janet Doner are among 86 landowners who won a 2011 case in the Ohio Supreme Court that blamed Grand . . .
CELINA - This year's county fair is shaping up to be a barnyard-stomper with two country music concerts and a host of new activities. Sony Nashville singer and Air National Guard member Angie Johnson is booked as the opening ac . . .
COLDWATER - The first few minutes of the second half provided Coldwater's girls basketball team some momentum and the Cavaliers knocked off New Bremen 41-34 on Thursday night at The Palace. Coldwater was leading 17-14 at halfti . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• County spending up but not to prerecession level
• School to promote safety in effort to win state grant
• Members discuss use of armed guard
• Grant will buy fire equipment
• Landowners' bills to go out for upcoming river cleaning
• ECO Farming interest growing
• Rangers edge Flyers in two overtimes
• Defense, rebounding lead Celina past Wapak
• Indians maintain share of MAC lead
• Defense carries Minster to win over St. John's
Wilna Orr, 87, Coldwater, at 2:14 p.m. Jan. 9, 2013, at Good Samaritan Hospital, Dayton. She was born Sept. 13, 1925, in Magnolia, Mo., to Wade and Alberta A. Elliot Long. On Nov. 24, 1950, she married Virgil Orr, who surviv . . .
Glenn R. Cluckey Sr., 75, of Toledo, passed away Jan. 9, 2013, at St. Luke's Hospital, Toledo. He was born July 14, 1937, in Toledo, to Dorn and Gladys Beale Cluckey. Left to cherish his memory are his children, Glenn Ray Clu . . .