Friday, May 17th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - A Mercer County grand jury on Thursday decided a Celina police officer was justified in the fatal shooting of an armed St. Marys man on April 10. The case against Patrolman Andy Regedanz, 33, in the shooting death of R . . .
LIMA - The difference in the outcome of Thursday's Division III sectional baseball final was the fine art of answering. Lima Central Catholic answered when Coldwater got on the scoreboard first, and the Cavaliers could not answ . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Low bids make dog shelter likely
• Hotel tax renewed as way to support tourism
• Zoning delays adding homes to subdivision
• Celina Skatepark reopens
• 80 Parkway seniors will graduate in Sunday ceremony
• OHSAA competitive balance proposal is defeated once again
• Bulldogs start strong in district action
• Local trio set for Hall of Fame induction
• Family Fun Night brings excitement to Eldora Saturday
Anthony J. Brown, 83, rural St. Marys, died at 1:02 p.m. May 15, 2013, at Otterbein, St. Marys. He was born Nov. 5, 1929, in Auglaize County, to Roy and Alodia Oen Brown. On Aug. 20, 1955, he married Dorothy H. Homan at Preciou . . .
Herman "Jake" Alspach, 86, formerly of St. Marys, died at 4:55 a.m. May 15, 2013, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 1, 1927, in St. Marys, to Joseph "Quince" and Leona (Caldwell) Alspach . . .