Wednesday, October 30th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Mercer County's coffers are plentiful thanks to increases in sales tax revenue and casino tax dollars. A few gray clouds remain, such as rising indigent defense expenses in a pending capital murder case and higher heal . . .
FINDLAY - In a game where the defense needed to be stout, the Celina girls soccer team came up with their best effort of the season. The Bulldogs and Maumee Panthers played scoreless soccer for 80 minutes of regulation and 30 m . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Police request more funding
• Six seek three seats on Coldwater board of education
• Six hopefuls compete for four New Bremen council seats
• Three candidates vie for two seats on Marion Local Board of Education
• Four candidates seeking three open seats on St. Henry Board of Education
• Passenger killed in SUV-deer crash
• Rockford woman charged following chase
• Playoff teams nearly set
Ruth Joan Hasis, 82, formerly of Mendon, died Oct. 15, 2013, at Levine-Dickson Hospice House, Charlotte, N.C. She was born Feb. 16, 1931, in York Township, Van Wert County, to Waldo and Ella Mae (Book) Thomas. She married John . . .
S. Margaret Koons, 92, St. Marys, died at 1:15 p.m. Oct. 28, 2013, at Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community. She was born June 3, 1921, to Joe and Agnes (Lawler) Gearing. She married George Koons on Aug. 10, 1946, and he sur . . .
Mark Francis Homan, 52, passed away Oct. 29, 2013, at his home in Philothea following a recent illness. He was born June 6, 1961, in Coldwater, to Victor and Esther (Muhlenkamp) Homan. His mother survives in Coldwater. Also s . . .
Tuesday, February 21
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17