Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Thursday, October 31st, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Mayor Jeff Hazel said $6 million has been shaved from the city's total debt the last two years. He's hoping to reduce Celina's financial obligation - estimated at $17.27 million as of Jan. 1, 2014 - further in the com . . .
MILLBURY - Shrugging off a slow start and a determined Archbold squad, Coldwater's volleyball team advanced to the Division III regional championship match after rolling to a three-set sweep - 26-24, 25-19 and 25-15 - over the B . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Bomb threat probe continues at New Bremen High School
• Council on aging seeks replacement levy
• Crowded field of candidates compete for three St. Marys BOE seats
• First-time candidates vying for St. Marys council
• German Township fire, medical services levy on ballot
• Mercer County retains labor consulting firm
• Celina police department staff gets boost with hiring of officer
• County sheriff's office collects 26 pounds of prescription drugs
• 'Riders continue magical run
• Postseason berth still possible for Celina
• Flyers looking for outright MAC title
• This Week In Football
Katherine "Katy" (White) Bayne, 88, of Centerville, formerly of Bass Landing in Celina, passed away Oct. 29, 2013, at Walnut Creek Nursing Home. She was the daughter of John and Katherine White and she was married to Robert Ba . . .
Ginny L. Killingsworth, 73, Celina, passed away Oct. 28, 2013, at her residence in Celina. She was born Sept. 20, 1940, in Dayton, to Earl Killingsworth and Fairel (Stetler) Jahnigen. Survivors include her twin sister, Ginger . . .
Ernest E. Kuess, 82, Coldwater, died Oct. 30, 2013, at his home. He was born April 23, 1931, in Chickasaw, to Roman and Justine (Evers) Kuess. On May 11, 1957, he married Gladys Muhlenkamp in St. Anthony, and she survives. Al . . .