Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Former Mercer County resident Mark Wangler has filed an appeal in U.S. District Court seeking to have his 2011 aggravated murder conviction overturned. Cincinnati attorney Christopher McDowell filed the appeal and a writ of ha . . .
ROCKFORD - Rockford council members appointed a new member Tuesday. Gary "Wilbur" Fox, 46, 408 Pearl St., was sworn in by mayor Amy Joseph during council's regular meeting and immediately assumed his duties. Fox said he volunte . . .
In her college profile, Brooke Mattingly lists her favorite book as "Oh, The Places You'll Go," a phrase to which the University of Louisville volleyball standout can attest. While her volleyball career at St. Henry flourished . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Second phase of Fort sewer project starts
• Minster to start Safe Routes to School design
• Driver who allegedly fled officers pleads not guilty
• Auglaize County engineer seeks additional funds
• Company says Coldwater solar project still on track
• Mercer County renews contract with solid waste specialist
• Cavs' Hoying receives top offensive honor in Division V
• Wilker has recovered nicely from injuries
• Crestview's three-point barrage buries Parkway
• LCC rolls to victory over St. Marys
• Cavs crush Blazers for third straight win
Paul C. Wenning, 88, Coldwater, died Dec. 3, 2013, at The Gardens at St. Henry. He was born Sept. 3, 1925, in Coldwater, to Frank and Frances Stegeman Wenning. On Aug. 20, 1949, he married Camilla Tobe, who survives in Coldwate . . .
Lee Leugers, 94, Clayton, died Dec. 2, 2013, at home from brain cancer. Of German descent, he was born Jan. 4, 1920, in North Star, to Henry and Josephine Zumbrink Leugers. He is survived by his wife of 41 years, Flora; a . . .
Joseph J. Nieport, 97, St. Henry, died Dec. 4, 2013. Services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .