Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - It's been nearly a year since the mayor announced plans to purchase the former bank building on Main Street to make more space for the police department and other offices. Currently the chief and detectives are working i . . .
ROSSBURG - The harsh winter weather that smothered the Grand Lake area over the weekend could not keep more than 400 people from crowding into the Eldora Ballroom on Saturday night as Eldora Speedway celebrated the culmination of . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Schools may get additional calamity days
• Coldwater voters may decide energy issue
• Carryover prompts review of Celina income tax
• Council OKs 2014 budget
• St. Marys council recommends bonus instead of raise
• City approves buying mobile home court, Versa Pak properties
• Low corn prices likely won't cause big local switch to soybeans
• Parkway falls short against Versailles
• New Knoxville cruises to victory over Botkins
Linda Breidenbach, 66, Coldwater, died at 1:15 p.m. Jan. 26, 2014, at her residence. She was born Feb. 19, 1947, in Indianapolis, Ind., to Charles L. and Margaret Isnhour Collins. On March 26, 1978, she married Harry Downam, . . .
Kathryn A. McBride, 83, St. Marys, died at 10 a.m. Jan. 25, 2014, at the Golden Living Center-Valley, St. Marys. She was born Jan. 29, 1930, in Wapakoneta, to Hugh and Gertrude Schneider Cook. On Dec. 5, 1953, she married Perry . . .
Mark A. Miley, 61, St. Marys, died Jan. 25, 2014, at the Golden Living Center, St. Marys. Private family services will be held at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys, the Rev. Barry Stechschulte officiating. Burial will follow at Ge . . .
Edward A. Kaiser, 99, Fort Recovery, passed away Jan. 27, 2014, in Moyock, N.C. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .