Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Two snowplow drivers are credited with helping two teenagers flee a house fire Tuesday morning. Steve Kinstle and Javier Gallegos, Ohio Department of Transportation employees, were repairing mailboxes in the area no . . .
CELINA - A grant snagged by the Celina Rotary Club will fund the installation of linear aeration in Pullman Bay along Lake Shore Drive this spring. The $5,000 grant is from the District 600 Rotary, said club member Jim Mustard . . .
Athletic teams display unity in many different ways and specific traditions and superstitions are nothing new. St. Henry's boys basketball team, though, took unity to the most visible level, shaving their heads to share a bond . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Officials discuss using cameras to curb violators
• County grants contracts for engineering complex
• Auglaize County makes preparations for opening of new dog pound
• New Bremen takes step toward new water source
• Coldwater man to be resentenced in traffic death case
• Mercer County's unemployment rate remains lowest in state
• Bath joins Wyoming's staff
• Luebke prepping to pitch in 2014
• Brunswick to compete in All-Star game
• St. Henry unable to dig out of early hole
Edward A. Kaiser, 99, Moyock, N.C., formerly of Fort Recovery, died Jan. 27, 2014, in Moyock. He was born Aug. 16, 1914, in Minster, to Henry E. and Emma Huber Kaiser. On Oct. 26, 1935, he married Dorotha Faller in Fort Recov . . .
Mark Alan Miley, 61, St. Marys, died Jan. 25, 2014, at Golden Living Center, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 19, 1953, in Mercer County, to Walter and Rita (Axe) Miley. He married Lorna West in 1985, in San Diego, Calif., and she p . . .