Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Two ag operations were lauded during a tour Tuesday highlighting changes farmers have made to improve water quality in the Grand Lake Watershed. "There's no better place than Mercer County to celebrate National Agriculture Day, . . .
COLDWATER - School board members Tuesday night supported superintendent Rich Seas' plans for security upgrades and asked him to begin implementation. Seas during the board meeting/work session presented a series of new procedur . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• County becoming healthier
• Core argument not going away
• Court orders state to defend lack of flood payments
• Village makes purchase to facilitate Crown
• Lake Facilities Authority elects Laffin chairman
• Marion industrial park expansion project kicks off
• Goodwin, Dahlinghaus loving current UD run
• Grand Lake Crappie Series starts Sunday
• Dragons to have Fort Recovery Night
Donald D. Kraner, 76, passed away at 5:19 a.m. March 18, 2014, at Kindred Hospital, Lima. He was born Oct. 10, 1937, in Portland, Ind., to Gerald and Verna E. Thompson Kraner. In 2009, he married Yong Cha Smith, who survives. . . .
Dale E. Kimmel, 71, Green Valley, Calif., formerly of Rockford, died March 22, 2014. He was born Sept. 30, 1942, to Edwin and Alice-ruth Edwards Kimmel. In 1983, he married Judy Jaco, formerly of Fort Recovery, and she survives . . .
Barbara Ann W. Schmidt, 87, New Bremen, died at 1 p.m. March 25, 2014, at Elmwood Assisted Living, New Bremen. She was born Jan. 28, 1927, in New Bremen, to Adolf and Mariann Blanke Pape. On April 18, 1953, she married Everett . . .