Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
His-N-Hers Styling Salon
Thursday, March 27th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Costs rose as quickly as salt supplies plunged this winter. Officials in Mercer and Auglaize counties report expenditures for snow and ice removal are double and triple from last year. Auglaize County crews this year more tha . . .
CELINA - Jim Highley, host of WCSM Radio's weekly "Country Leisure" show, will sign off for the last time Sunday night, ending a 33-year run. The show debuted April 1, 1981, after a discussion with station owner John Coe. "J . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mercer Health officials await vote by Congress
• Fort school board hires new technology director
• Maria Stein man involved in fatal traffic crash
• Man chased by local police gets 48 months in prison
• Artistry Under the Dome: Artists display works at St. Charles
• Black left lasting legacy at Parkway
• Marion's Puthoff heading to UNOH
• Raising The Bar
• Mikesell takes over young Bulldogs squad
• Bulldogs softball team very young this year
• Experienced Cavaliers ready to start 2014
• Cavs hope experience leads to solid season
• Experienced Indians look to build on success
• Osterholt hoping to build Indians with youth
• Woods takes over young Marion program
• Flyers want to make another tourney run
• Wildcats looking to replace key players
• Wildcats look to make tournament run
• Confidence key to solid Cardinals' season
• Cardinals fielding a young group in 2014
• Clouse returns home to coach the Panthers
• Panthers look to continue last year's success
• Dorner has plenty of experience returning
• Huelsman looks to help alma mater win
• Dieringer wants Roughriders to improve
• Lady 'Riders look for a better 2014 season
• Plenty of experience for Celina track team
• Distance will be one of Cavaliers' strengths
• Numbers up for Indians' track program
• Marion tracksters look for successful season
• Wildcats ready for another successful year
• Cardinals look to improve through season
• Youth in abundance for Panthers track teams
• Former Redskin Reichert takes over track program
• Cisco takes over as 'Riders track coach
• NetDogs have plenty of experience in 2014
• St. Marys netters look to compete in WBL
Marilyn S. Maloy, 74, Fort Recovery, died March 26, 2014, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born Feb. 20, 1940, in Celina, to Oliver and Luada McKee Katterhenry. In 1960, she married Jackie E. Maloy, who died Apri . . .
Theodore Stephen Sauer, 70, St. Marys, died at 4:27 p.m. March 25, 2014, at Joint Township Memorial District Hospital, St. Marys. He was born May 16, 1943, in Fort Recovery, to Theodore Sauer Jr. and Cataline Diaz Sauer. Surv . . .
Marie E. Schilling, 93, Coldwater, passed away peacefully March 26, 2014, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born July 8, 1920, in Coldwater, to John and Clara Kessen Osterfeld. On June 9, 1945, she married . . .
Roxy Vogan, 74, St. Marys, died at 8:19 p.m. March 25, 2014, at Celina Manor Nursing Home following a brief illness. Funeral rites are 11 a.m. Monday at Miller Funeral Home West Chapel, St. Marys, the Rev. Barry Stechschulte of . . .
Phyllis Fortman, 81, Coldwater, died March 26, 2014, in Lima. Services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Agnes Huber, 87, Coldwater, died March 27, 2014, at Briarwood Village. Services are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Rebecca A. Szanto, 66, Celina, died March 26, 2014, at her residence. Arrangements are pending with Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .