Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The Mercer County Fairgrounds is fast on its way to becoming a year-round venue, fair board manager Cara Muhlenkamp told the Celina Rotary Club on Tuesday. "We're really trying to take things to the next level and cont . . .
MINSTER - With nine starters returning this spring to the lineup card for the Minster Wildcats, head softball coach Scott Robinson holds lofty expectations as the season got underway Tuesday at Four Seasons Park in Minster. In . . .
ST. MARYS - A 62-year-old St. Marys man on Monday was sentenced to more than 28 years in prison after pleading guilty to sexually assaulting children. Roger Bonifas was ordered to serve 338 months - 28 years and two months - in . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Area projects remain in state budget
• Outside trash tops Minster meeting
• Rockford business to expand into restaurant
• Wining About Winter event hailed as success
• Townships reducing plans for summer paving work
• Teen's bond set at $500K in home invasion
• Leugers Insurance marks 100 years
• Boley brings cardiac practice to his hometown
• Flyers get past the Bulldogs
• Panthers open track season with victory
• Panthers get bats out against 'Riders
Eugene Henry Langenkamp, 79, Yorkshire, passed away at 7 a.m. on April 1, 2014, at Briarwood Manor, Coldwater. He was born March 12, 1935, in Yorkshire, to Frank and Rose Borchers Langenkamp. On Dec. 22, 1993, he married Connie . . .
Evelyn Louise Price, 91, rural Mendon, died at 3:07 a.m. April 1, 2014, at Van Wert Manor Nursing Home, Van Wert. She was born March 17, 1923, in eastern Ohio, to Charles and Betty Fike. On Oct. 5, 1945, she married John Andrew . . .
Doris Marie Sites, 80, of Rockford, died at 12:55 a.m. April 1, 2014, at the Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center. She was born Jan. 15, 1934, in Ohio City, to Noah Asa and Mary Ruth Williamson George. On April 6, 1956, she marrie . . .
Jill Shepherd-Robinson, 52, St. Marys, died March 28, 2014, at her residence. Arrangements are being completed with Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4