Friday, May 2nd, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - A 51-year-old Celina man is the second person to be arrested in less than five months for the stabbing death of a local farmer 33 years ago. Tracy W. Mabry, 8673 U.S. 33, was indicted by an Auglaize County grand jur . . .
ROCKFORD - Kent Retz threw a complete game two-hitter to lead Fort Recovery to a 4-0 win over Parkway in Midwest Athletic Conference baseball action Thursday afternoon at Don Black Field. The win moves the Indians to 13-1 on th . . .
Brian Patch will maintain his presence on the basketball court at Fort Recovery's Fort Site Fieldhouse, only for a different Indians basketball team. Patch will take over as head girls basketball coach at Fort Recovery, pending . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Voters to decide statewide infrastructure issue
• Mobile home park residents await fund distribution
• Mendon Firecracker Festival fizzles after decades-long run
• Farmers urged to report PED deaths
• Contractor hired for Beaver Creek project
• Conradi legacy returns home
• Coldwater woman sentenced on firearm, tampering charges
• Bulldogs roll past 'Riders
• Hosey has big game for Wildcats
• Marion's Kramer to play volleyball at Walsh
• Stout's hit lifts Redskins
Viola V. Wuebker, 81, Minster, died at 1:32 a.m. May 1, 2014, at Dorothy Love, Sidney. She was born April 21, 1933, in Mercer County, to Joseph J. and Alvina J. Evers Selhorst. On Oct. 1, 1955, she married Leonard Wuebker at St . . .
Ronald W. Mohr, 61, Elkhart, Ind., died April 29, 2014, at his home. Funeral services are 11 a.m. Saturday, at Hively Avenue Mennonite Church, Elkhart, with a luncheon reception immediately following services. Entombment will f . . .
Carolyn Taylor-Keesler, 57, New Haven, Ind., formerly of St. Marys, died suddenly at 4:42 p.m. April 30, 2014, at Parkview Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. She was born Oct. 24, 1956, in Martin, Ky., to Bill "Pepsi" and Julia Gibson . . .
Betty J. Pond, 87, Celina, died at 6:30 a.m. May 1, 2014, at her residence. She was born July 1, 1926, in Decatur, Ind., to Orval R. and Goldie Burkhead Roop. On Jan. 22, 1949, she married Robert Pond, who survives in Celina. . . .