Thursday, August 7th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The thrill of airborne dogs, kids wrestling livestock and a frog-hopping competition awaits visitors to this year's Mercer County Fair. The 162nd annual event kicks off Friday and continues though Aug. 14 at the fairgr . . .
ST. MARYS - Local OSU Extension officials are using an area farm to test a different technique for planting winter cover crops. On Wednesday morning, farmer Stanley Brown used his seed drill to plant cover crops in wheat stubbl . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Area voters to decide issues in November election
• Mendon home invaders seek early release
• Putnam County man is sentenced for fatal crash
• Health department positions swapped
• Tips lead to arrests of three on drug charges
• Superstars of rock radio era put on golden show
• High school golf season officially underway
• Eldora to host 'Family Fun Night' Saturday
Carl Fries Nichols, 84, Celina, passed away Aug. 6, 2014, at Mercer Health, Coldwater. He was born Jan. 26, 1930, in Fairmont, W.Va., to James and Mildred Keating Nichols. He was married to Bonnie Maria Nichols for more than 40 . . .
Paul J. Nieport, 75, Versailles, passed away at 10:43 p.m. Aug. 5, 2014, at Kindred Hospital, Dayton. He was born Nov. 3, 1938, in Versailles, to Ferdinand H. and Frances C. Hartings Nieport. On Nov. 6, 1965, he married Marsha . . .
Chin-cha Penn, 70, Celina, died Aug. 5, 2014, at Lima Memorial Hospital. She was born May 9, 1944, in South Korea, to Kue-taek Chon and Kum-up Yi. On Feb. 6, 1968, she married Harold N. Penn, who survives. Also surviving are . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4