Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - Village council members are moving forward with plans to limit drone flights despite a businessman's concerns. Council members on Monday approved first reading of an ordinance requiring anyone wanting to fly a drone . . .
NEW BREMEN - Village officials will no longer require residents to attach their federal tax forms when they file their village taxes. Councilman John Schwartz raised concerns about the rule at Monday's village council meeting. . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Former Celina official opposes income tax issue
• Official tells resident that neighbor not planning to build parking lot
• Felony charges filed in Celina shooting incident
• County GOP committee taps Slusser to fill post
• Coldwater council considers creating public nuisance ordinance
• Playoffs nearly set for area teams
• Area sports scene busy and successful
Norbert V. Schlater, 86, Versailles, passed away at 5:48 a.m. Oct. 26, 2014, at Versailles Health Care Center, Versailles. He was born Feb. 17, 1928, in Fort Loramie, to Fred and Bernadine Albers Schlater. On May 4, 1949, he ma . . .
Virginia May Zimmerman, 83, Portland, Ind., passed away Oct. 26, 2014, at her residence. She was born Nov. 24, 1930, in Portland, to Bert and Wilma Bechdolt Loyd. On Feb. 22, 1950, she married Blaine Zimmerman, who survives. . . .
Carolyn Ann Young, 78, Celina, died at 9:56 a.m. Oct. 27, 2014, at The Gardens at Celina. Funeral services are 10 a.m. Saturday at Thomas E. Bayliff Funeral Home, Spencerville. Calling is 2-8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. . . .