Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - A pediatric heart doctor and a retired historian will join the St. Henry Schools Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame Friday night. Dr. Douglas A. Balster, 42, who graduated in 1990 and now lives in California, and Dr. . . .
As the Minster Wildcats prepare to host the New Bremen Cardinals in one of our area's historic basketball rivalries, the gymnasium inside Minster Middle School will be an understandably busy place tomorrow evening. Diagonally . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Health board looks at job descriptions
• Minster officials ask court to uphold police officer firing
• Wabash River officials await dam report
• Warehouse purchase to help group provide more medical supplies
• Towns unite to leverage canal funds
• Officials looking into threats received at two area schools
• Cardinal bowlers sign with UNOH
• Flyers, Redskins clash in a pivotal MAC game
• Area swimmers gearing up for postseason
Arlene Mary Bruns Dierker, Portland, Ore., and formerly of St. Henry and Hope, Idaho, died Jan. 8, 2015. She was the oldest daughter of Roman and Rita Kremer Bruns. She was married 53 years to Paul Dierker, who survives. Also . . .
Glenna G. Goewert, 91, Ansonia, passed away in the early morning of Jan. 21, 2015, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. She was born June 9, 1923, in Buckland, to Frederick and Nora Wells Tangeman. She was married to . . .
Denny Conner Howell's journey came to an end Jan. 20, 2015. He was 63 years old. He was born Oct. 2, 1951, in Celina, to Denzel Paul and Ruth Ellen Conner Howell, who are deceased. On Dec. 27, 1980, he married Jeanine Ann Tress . . .
Mary Jane Roode, 91, New Knoxville, died at 11:38 p.m. Jan. 20, 2015, at Wilson Memorial Hospital, Sidney. She was born Oct. 14, 1923, near Fryburg in Auglaize County, to John and Emma Jones Keysor. On June 7, 1941, she married . . .
Herman Hoying, 99, St. Henry, died the evening of Jan. 21, 2015, in Celina. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .