Wednesday, December 12th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Dense fog descended over Mercer County on Tuesday afternoon making travel difficult for motorists and causing multiple accidents in the process. "We were insanely busy between 2:30 and 4 or so," Mercer County Sheriff's Chief De . . .
WAPAKONETA - With air quality monitors and light meters in hand, local health officials are about to begin a new, more detailed inspection of local schools, as mandated by law. Auglaize County Health Department Sanitarian Curt . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina man will manage fairgrounds
• Mercer County vote count
• Regulations on bullying to be enforced
• Village employees receive pay increases
• St. Marys council agrees to enforce refuse collection offenses more aggressively
• Cable TV rates to get hiked
• County health officials receive 3 percent raise
• Huelsman helping Dayton to 7-1 start
• New hardware store opens in Rockford
Jere D. Bond, 54, 3601 state Route 703 E., Celina, died Dec. 7, 2007, at his home. Death was due to natural causes. He was born July 14, 1953, in Flint, Mich., to Wellington Dean and Lahoma King Bond. His father and stepmother, . . .
J. Phillip Pfenning, 81, 241 N. Spruce St., St. Marys, died at 12:45 a.m. Dec. 11, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Aug. 30, 1926, in St. Marys, to Vincent and Cornelia Snyder Pfenning. . . .