Thursday, February 28th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - John Hoge considers himself a rare duck in Hong Kong, where he travels four times a year selling bowling lanes and other sports floors, one of which will be a volleyball court in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. The pr . . .
ELIDA - St. Henry pulled off the biggest upset of the Division III tournament on Wednesday night at the Elida Fieldhouse. The Redskins used their size and strength to hand top-ranked and undefeated Liberty-Benton a 51-38 loss . . .
Zumba - a fusion of Latin and international music with body sculpting movements and easy to follow steps - has people dancing all over the area. It's the latest fitness craze, says Dianne Uhlenhake, fitness coordinator at the A . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• County to pick software to track cell phone users
• Lake Campus' interim dean gets job permanently
• Marion seeks property and income taxes
• Cell phone mapping would aid Mercer County sheriff's staff
• Mercer Health buys high-tech, big dollar software package
• Teacher receives award for technology use in classrooms
• Malpractice insurance policy fully funded
• Employees of Daily Standard win in Associated Press contest
• Versailles girls one win away from state
• New Knoxville, Fort Recovery advance at Wapak
Kathleen A. "Kit" Desch, 83, 306 N. Elm St., Coldwater, died Feb. 28, 2008, at her residence. She was born Oct. 18, 1924, in Coldwater, to Bernard and Cecelia Oppenheim Selhorst. On Nov. 28, 1945, she married Don P. Desch, who . . .
Amelia A. Heckman, 86, formerly of Osgood, died Feb. 27, 2008, at The Oakley House, Greenville. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .
Former St. Marys resident Steven A. McMurray, 46, of Portland, Ind., died at 9:20 p.m. Feb. 25, 2008, at his home. Death was due to an apparent heart attack. He was born March 3, 1961, in Mercer County, to Marvin K. and Geraldi . . .