Friday, February 29th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Brian Hoyng faced life with a smile and a mischievous twinkle in his eye. Although a freak accident robbed him of the ability to talk, the looks that crossed his face spoke volumes. Hoyng, the 43-year-old son of Louie and Dorot . . .
ST. MARYS - Alice Kittel's hand wraps tightly around the white Wii remote as the fingers on her other hand push the buttons like a video game warrior. With a hospital therapist beside her, the recent stroke victim raises her ar . . .
COLUMBUS - For Coldwater, it was the start the team wanted. For Versailles, it was a quick exit for part of its contingent. Coldwater seniors Tyler Kunk and Nick Uhlenhake won their opening bouts, earning a well-deserved brea . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina to help fund Ohio coal-burning power station
• Three vie for Republican nomination for 5th District
• Mercer County chamber recognizes area residents
• Rockford woman is one of five arrested on drug charges
• Leaping through the years
• Officials await word on grant
• Bomb threat at Mississinawa Valley school investigated
• Changing faiths is common practice
• Carter the top story of state tourney
• Strong local contingent named all-district
Amelia A. Heckman, 86, 9480 state Route 705, Yorkshire, died at 8:15 a.m. Feb. 27, 2008, at the Oakley House, Greenville. She was born July 18, 1921, in Newport, to Henry and Gertrude Eilerman DeLoye. On May 8, 1946, she marrie . . .
Brian L. Hoyng, 43, of Celina Manor Nursing Home, died at 1:53 a.m. Feb. 28, 2008, at the home from complications of being struck by lightning on Sept. 14, 1981. He was born Dec. 5, 1964, in Cincinnati, to Louie and Dorothy Muh . . .
Elle Jane Meyer, the daughter of Bradley and Cara Olney Meyer of Minster, was stillborn on Feb. 27, 2008, at Ohio State University Hospital, Columbus. Surviving with her parents are a brother, Jack Bradley and a sister, Emma C . . .
Former Celina resident John Elwood Preston, 66, of Washington, D.C., died at 3:15 p.m. Feb. 27, 2008, at his home. Death was due to complications of cancer. He was born Sept. 9, 1941, to Homer and Alice Boroff Preston. His mot . . .