Thursday, August 21st, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
All local hotels, including one in Wapakoneta, are booked; 100 boat racers are registered; and more than 30,000 spectators are expected. Now, it's up to the weather to make this weekend's Governor's Cup Regatta on Grand . . .
It's a whole new year for football, and in the Midwest Athletic Conference, it's going to be a different schedule as well. Beginning this season, the MAC - which includes 10 football playing teams - has switched to an eight-gam . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Area men seriously injured in stabbing; third man arrested
• Countywide meeting needed for grease relief
• Lake Campus construction on schedule as curriculum grows
• Changes made to homecoming
• Fire destroys camper trailer
• Celina schools to take over after-school program
• Minster Police Department undergoing changes in personal
• Communication program to notify of school delays
• Young coach brings enthusiasm to Celina
• Cavaliers are loaded with talent, experience
• Fort Recovery looks like a team on the rise
• Marion Local reloading for another strong year
• Belcher hopes hard work will pay off for Minster
• Speedy Cardinals have Messick optimistic
• Parkway hoping to reload and not rebuild
• Starkey returns veteran squad at St. Henry
• Expectations are always high for St. Marys
• Bulldogs hungry for a championship season
• Cavs trying to build around four seniors
• Rammel and Indians to rely on chemistry
• State title makes Marion Local hungry as ever
• Rohrer very confident in first season as coach
• New Bremen searching to find consistency
• Marbaugh has veteran team back at Parkway
• St. Henry ready to bounce back into title hunt
• St. Marys has strong leaders to build around
Haleigh Marie Albers, infant daughter of Kevin and Tiffany Kiefer Albers of Minster, died at 10:55 a.m. Aug. 19, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, where she had been born prematurely earlier in the day. Other survivors . . .
Rebecca J. Bowers, 48, of 805 McKinley Road, St. Marys, died at 5:05 p.m. Aug. 20, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, following complications of heart surgery. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Alice James, 84, of Coldwater, died at 2:55 a.m. Aug. 21, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Services are 10:30 a.m. Monday at the United Methodist Church, Coldwater. Calling is 2-7 p.m. Sunday and 9-10 a.m. Monday at . . .
Joyce Martin, 70, of 1509 Oakview Drive, St. Marys, died at 1:15 p.m. Aug. 20, 2008, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Nov. 30, 1937, in St. Marys, to Andrew and Fannie Clark Hoselton. On Dec . . .
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17
Friday, February 17