Friday, January 16th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - Winter was setting in when Helena Wuebker of Carthagena put the finishing touch on a pristine christening gown for her infant niece, Marie Lange. It was 1917, the start of World War I, and most children's clothing w . . .
An area English teacher has turned her love of basketball into an intriguing look at some local boys coaches who have reached the pinnacle of success. Amy Zorn, who formerly taught at Jackson Center and now toils at Anna, is th . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Board moves to place levy on ballot
• Local schools will share $262,263 in grant money
• Work progressing on city school buildings
• Cardinals slip past Rangers in OT for victory
• New Bremen girl answers God's call