Monday, May 11th, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ELIDA - Celina and St. Marys took advantage of the wind blowing out of Ed Sandy Field in Elida as both teams won their Division II sectional openers on Saturday. The Bulldogs concluded the tournament tripleheader by beating Van . . .
ELIDA - Coldwater nearly saw a four-run lead in the fifth evaporate, only to battle through and open its tournament play with a 10-7 win over Columbus Grove in the Division III sectional softball tournament at Dorothy Edwards Fie . . .
There are more than 2,000 types of wild mushrooms in Ohio. Some are poison. Some aren't, and those are the ones that get people of all ages out in early spring searching for morchella, otherwise known as morel or sponge mushrooms . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local pregnancy center dream still alive amid economic struggle
• New crisis pregnancy center opens in Celina
• Graduation ceremonies to be held on Sunday
• Man escapes injuries in Ultra Light aircraft crash
• Ribfest deemed a success
• Tourney starts with a victory for Celina
• Marion Local, Fort Recovery reach sectional final
• Celina grabs both doubles titles in WBL
• Panthers, Flyers open tourney with wins
• Schatz takes the lead late for Eldora win
• Parkway softball sweeps two from Continental
• Indians, Rangers pick up victories