Thursday, June 18th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
What started out to be a tryout turned out to be the opportunity that Todd Boeckman has been looking for. The St. Henry native and former Ohio State quarterback signed a contract with the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars on Wednesday . . .
Users of Grand Lake now have a Web site to check on algae toxin levels in the lake. The page was created by the Ohio EPA and is available at www.epa.state.oh.us/pic/glsm_algae.html. There are several links to the sampling data, . . .
Images of Hollywood and actors commonly show fame and fortune. But that's not the case for most of the 120,000 performers in U.S. acting unions. Only around 4,000 of those entertainers work regularly, according to Celina writer . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Fertilzer spill being kept from creek
• Teen still critical after fall from pickup
• Celina man charged in wife's death pleads innocent
• Yorkshire Scouts earn their Eagles
• Patrol investigates 680 accidents during 2008
• County to seek sewer project funds
• Two local women claim titles in preliminary round
• Lake supporter wants statewide interest in helping Grand Lake
• Celina and Coldwater split a pair in ACME
• Blaney and Wilson back for more at Eldora
• Mariners make it four straight wins
• Wolters had a big day in Marion Local win
Robert J. "Bob" Boerger, 85, Friemering Road, Fort Loramie, died June 16, 2009, at home. He was born Dec. 26, 1923, at Fort Loramie to Emma Catherine Ernst and Frank Henry Boerger. On March 5, 1974, he married Carolyn Agnes Mey . . .
Linus J. Brackman, 76 of Englewood, died June 16, 2009, at the Maria Joseph Living Care Center, Trotwood. He was born April 28, 1933, to Raymond and Anna Grube Brackman. He married Frances Koesters, who survives. Other survi . . .
Donald Freeman, 73 of Englewood, died June 15, 2009, at home. He was born on Oct. 16, 1935, in Celina to Gerald and Leona Boise Freeman. On June 11, 1958, he married Barbara Ann Smith, who died Aug. 27, 2008. Surviving are t . . .
Joan Menchhofer McVay, 73, of Aurora, died June 14, 2009, at home. She was born Feb. 4, 1936, in Celina to Carl and Margaret Menchhofer. On June 27, 1959, she married Demas L. McVay Jr., who survives. Other survivors are tw . . .
Melvin John Miller, 66, of Coldwater, died today, June 18, 2009 at his home. He was born Sept. 25, 1942, in Celina to Clem and Olive Knapke Miller. His father survives. On Nov. 16, 1968, he married Ginger Tester, who also surv . . .