Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, February 24th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
St. Anthony residents Hugh and Patricia Thomas died Tuesday afternoon the way they had lived for so many years - together through good times and bad. The Thomases, both in their 70s, were pronounced dead shortly after being rus . . .
Parents of Celina High School students on Tuesday evening had one last chance to meet with guidance counselors and ask questions about a new class schedule that will change how their children learn next year. Today, all high sc . . .
WAPAKONETA - A pair of Midwest Athletic Conference teams advanced in the Division IV sectional tournament on Tuesday night at Wapakoneta High School, and their reward will be playing more leaguemates. The St. Henry Redskins ope . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina council against grant application
• $1 million from EQIP in limbo
• Board uncertain on advice from leaders
• Celina man faces charges over injury of 2-month-old boy
• 911 service out in southern Mercer
• Enclosed ditch may rid section of varmints, trash
• Council OKs street funds
• Police investigate home robbery
• Mediation session scheduled Friday for BOE
• Commissioners move forward on big ticket bridge, road projects
• Celina man dead from self-inflicted gunshot
• Driving school to open office
• Wanted: young business people to organize group
• Quick start carries Bulldogs past Titans
• Cavaliers take control in the second quarter
• Griesdorn hits for 21 points in Marion Local's 10th win
Helen Emogene Allen, 75, 19100 E. Shelby Road, New Knoxville, died Feb. 19, 2010, at her home. She was born Nov. 6, 1934, in Great Bend, Meigs County, to Dexter and Helen Proffitt Harris. On May 30, 1952, she married Howard R. . . .
Eugene E. Birt, 90, 7550 U.S. 33, Celina, died Feb. 22, 2010, at his home. He was born June 10, 1919, in Celina to George and Sylvia Thorton Birt. On Oct. 26, 1940, he married Virginia Trisel, who died April 16, 2007. Survivo . . .
Mark A. Fennig, 58, of Van Wert, died at 2:27 p.m. Feb. 21,2010, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. Death was the result of an accident at Celina Aluminum Precision Technology in Celina. He was born June . . .
Kermit I. Monnin, 84, of Redmond Road, Russia, died Feb. 22, 2010, at his home. He was born Dec. 27, 1925, in Russia to Norbert and Bertha Pepiot Monnin. On June 7, 1947, he married Audrey Francis, who survives. Also survivi . . .
Hugh Thomas, 77, of St. Anthony Road, Fort Recovery, died Tuesday at Mercer Health in Coldwater. Death was due to an apparent heart attack. Funeral arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home in Coldwater. . . .
Patricia Thomas, 71, of St. Anthony Road Fort Recovery, died Tuesday at Mercer Health in Coldwater. Death was due to an apparent heart attack. Funeral arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home in Coldwater. . . .