Friday, September 10th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The city's 1 percent income tax credit for residents who work in other villages or cities will remain. Council members on Thursday evening unanimously voted against an ordinance to rescind the credit - ending months of . . .
ST. HENRY - There's no other way to describe Thursday's Midwest Athletic Conference volleyball matchup between St. Henry and Minster other than to say it was a back-and-forth affair between a pair of powerhouse programs. St. He . . .
CELINA - Natasha Chiles wept in Celina Municipal Court this morning pleading for permission to attend the funeral of Tyler Michael Christian - the victim of an alleged heroin overdose. Chiles, whom Mercer County Assistant Pros . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Public meetings on city finances scheduled
• Attorney scoffs at word change
• Council OKs funds for road upgrades
• Residents must use county sewer
• 'Stepping up' work at county courthouse
• School sets high standards for student performance
• Incarcerated man now faces weapons charge
• Inmates charged with criminal damaging
• Hyacinth Bean Vine a vigorous grower
• Rockford church begins sermon series
• Bloomquist on verge of career milestone
• Celina tennis finds itself in driver's seat
• Roughriders dominate young Cavs, 10-0
• Taking a look back 10, 25 and 50 years
• Celina volleyball continues its dominance against WBL foes
Thomas Paul "Pete" Huwer, 53, of Lumby, Canada, died Sept. 5, 2010. He was born to Howard and Irene Kahlig Huwer. His father survives in Lumby, and his mother died in 2001. He married Liliane, who also survives. Also survivi . . .
Joseph Jack "Joe" Huwer, 45, of Lumby, Canada, died Sept. 5, 2010. He was born to Howard and Irene Kahlig Huwer. His father survives in Lumby, and his mother died in 2001. He married Shona, who survivies. Also surviving are t . . .
Dolores R. Canfield, 81, Tonawanda, N.Y., died Aug. 27, 2010, at Mercy Hospital in Buffalo, N.Y. She was born Feb. 4, 1929, in Buffalo, to Andrew and Estelle Beemer Kuhl. She married Richard J. Canfield, who is deceased. Surv . . .
Tyler M. Christian, 19, Celina, died at 10:38 a.m. Sept. 8, 2010, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital in St. Marys. He was born Dec. 13, 1990, in St. Marys, to Rev. Randy D. and Tricia A. Lange Christian, who survive i . . .
Nancy Hertenstein, 42, St. Marys, died Sept. 8, 2010, at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. She was born Feb. 9, 1968, in St. Marys, to Paul and Jeanette Siefring Lennartz, who survive in St. Marys. On June 6, 1987, she married S . . .