Saturday, September 18th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Dramatic endings are nothing new in the annual Battle of Grand Lake, but Friday's matchup featuring Celina at St. Marys will be remembered as one of the all-time great finishes in the 92-game history of the football r . . .
Heroin, the popular injectable narcotic of the 1960s and '70s, has become a favorite among drug users in the Grand Lake area, law enforcement officials say. Celina Police Chief Dave Slusser said his officers handled three overd . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Elsass, district both appealing court ruling
• Bulldogs' Bader cool under pressure
• Cavaliers beat Redskins for 15th straight time
• Flyers efficient in victory over Wildcats
• Versailles marches to perfect 4-0 start
• Cardinals' offense erupts for 35 points
• O-G holds off Kenton for win in matchup of state-ranked teams
Arlene M. Franck, 53, 419 N. Holly Lane, Rockford, died Sept. 15, 2010, at her residence. Death was from natural causes. She was born Dec. 1, 1956, in Union City, Ind., to Bernard J. and Alvina Esser Heitkamp, who are both dece . . .
Carl W. Kimmel, 95, Rockford, died at 4:07 a.m. Sept. 17, 2010, at the Gardens at Celina. He was born June 1, 1915, to Ferdellus "Joe" and Mina Lampy Kimmel. On Dec. 31, 1942, he married Eleanor Freck, who died Aug. 3, 1986. . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4