Thursday, January 13th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - A St. Marys man accused in the beating death of another man in September has pleaded not guilty to the charges. Gordon W. Diggle, 30, appeared for an arraignment hearing Tuesday morning at the Central Services Build . . .
GRAND LAKE - A third sediment collector was installed Wednesday afternoon in Barnes Creek behind the St. Marys Township house, another piece of the puzzle toward restoring water quality in Grand Lake. Two others, one in Big Chi . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Safety work on the spillway at the State Line Road dam southwest of Fort Recovery is on the agenda for the Wabash River Conservancy District this year. Conservancy President Wally Broering said the work will ent . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina begins year with $1M excess
• Two people injured in icy accident
• Budget in deficit
• School employees join wellness program
• Council may seek street work grant
• No one injured in house fire
• Facebook users can add AMBER Alert as 'friend'
• Public asked to help locate sex offender
• Author spreads hope through her writing
• Bulldogs hosting rival Roughriders on Friday
• Memorable season for Flyers in 1980-81
• Grand Lake Hoop-la
Former St. Marys resident Carlos R. Spitler, 35, Dayton, died Jan. 11, 2011, at Windy Point in Mercer County of an apparent suicide. He was born Aug. 12, 1975, in Sao Paulo, Brazil, to Ronald and Carmelita DaSilvia Spitler, who . . .
Alfred W. Schott, 83, Rockford, died at 8:24 a.m. Jan. 11, 2011, at the Inpatient Hospice Center in Van Wert. He was born Aug. 28, 1927, in Mercer County to Frederick W. and Wilhemina Emerick Schott. On March 19, 1946, he marri . . .
Marcella Schroer, 81, Celina, died Jan. 12, 2011. Services are pending at Cisco Funeral Home in Celina. . . .
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4