Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - An economic development agreement proposed by the city will allow the creation of a new indoor sports facility on U.S. 127. Council members on Monday night unanimously passed first reading of an ordinance authorizing t . . .
ST. HENRY - Village council members on Monday passed a resolution opposing an idea by Ohio legislators to allow the state to collect and distribute local income tax. The resolution involving House Bill 153 strongly opposes "the . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Treasurer hopes for levy endorsement to keep budget in black
• 3-year contract reached for ambulance service
• Officials against state handling income taxes
• Councilman concerned about loose dogs
• Street work nears completion
• Truck driver not injured in accident
• Lehman slides past Parkway in four games
• Flyers sweep Rockets for 16th victory
Noel C. "Charlie" Leininger, 78, of Celina and formerly of Wabash, died at 10:02 p.m. Oct. 9, 2011, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Aug. 21, 1933, in Adams County, Ind., to Ott and Emma Smit . . .
Judy Beagle, 66, St. Marys, died Oct. 11, 2011, at Lima Memorial Health System. Arrangements are being completed with the Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
George F. Koester, 98, died at 4:15 a.m. Oct. 10, 2011, at Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices, St. Marys. He was born May 14, 1913, in Minster, to Joseph and Elizabeth Drees Koester. On Oct. 9, 1941, he married Alvira Leisner, . . .
Friday, May 29
Thursday, May 28
Wednesday, May 27