Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, April 4th, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MARIA STEIN - An overwhelming community response has resulted in Marion Local teacher Julia Sommer's being named one of 25 finalists for the "Best Teacher in America" award. The grand prize winner will receive a $25,000 school . . .
CELINA - Walks haunted Celina's baseball team on Tuesday night in the Western Buckeye League opener against Elida at Montgomery Field. Three of the six walks issued to Elida's batters came around to score, which was enough to h . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Former business owner receives award
• Grant money remains for septic replacement/repair
• More businesses look to Celina
• No comment made at vacation hearing
• Council discusses wage of junk inspector
• Pastor killed in accident
• New store sells TVs, household products
• Credit union will open in St. Marys plaza
• Fleagle captures a pair of national titles
• Roughriders earn victory in WBL opener
• Cavaliers hold off T-Birds
• Lakers split doubleheader on the road
Jerry L. Fetters, 63, Celina, died March 30, 2012, at OSU Richard Ross Heart Center, Columbus. He was born June 10, 1948, in Celina to Chester Fetters and Louella "Blanche" Howell Fetters Sowders. He married Judy Shinn, who sur . . .
Lucille Josephine Fleck, 88, Celina, died April 3, 2012, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Feb. 16, 1924, in Philothea to Joseph and Theresa Stahl Pleiman. On Nov. 10, 1951, she married Richard H. Fleck, who died Aug. . . .
Celina native Valour Beatrice Bricker, 79, died April 3, 2012. She was born June 12, 1932, in Celina, to Robert and Lottie Trissell Steele. On June 1, 1951, she married Gene Bricker, who survives. Also surviving are five sons . . .
Robert Vantilburg, 74, Celina, died April 2, 2012, at his residence. He was born April 23, 1937, in Celina to Kenneth and Waunita Woods Vantilburg. On April 11, 1959, he married Rosemarie Schwinn, who survives. Also surviving . . .
Christina Stewart Godbold, 45, Celina, died March 28, 2012, at her residence due to an apparent suicide. She was born Oct. 13, 1966, in Ashland, Ky.. Her father, Gary Stewart, survives in Florida, and her mother and stepfather, . . .